Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Mother-in-law...a vent

Sometimes my MIL just makes me feel like I can't do anything good enough. I started feeling like this again earlier today when she had to call Niles and ask him if my grandma was Nora's great-great grandmother of just her great grandmother. MIL has been hounding me ever since Nora was born to put her birth announcement in the local newspaper. I am not too worried about it and thought she would just eventually drop it but now she has taken the liberty of writing up the announcement herself and putting it in the newspaper and needed to clear up all the details first. Nora will be 2 months old when her announcement runs in the paper and I feel that everyone that knows us has already heard so what's the point of running the announcement in the paper 2 months after she was born, besides I know that MIL and her big mouth has told everyone that comes to her drive-through window at the bank anyway.

Another thing that really irks me about my MIL is how she feels the need to be in our financial issues. Since she works at a bank she feels it is her business to check our balance and then pass on that information on even though we did not ask her too. This is partially Niles' fault for not telling his mother to mind her own business but professionally she should not be checking in on how much money people have in their accounts regardless. It got to the point where I opened my own account and deposited my paychecks and money into my own account so that she would not have control over my money. The part that pisses me off the most is when she calls and tells Niles that he should probably bring the checkbook over for her to figure out because we have been low on money and heaven forbid we bounce a check every now and again.

Now I understand that Nora is only 8 wks old and there is not a whole lot that she can do yet but she can do more then just sleep and doesn't need to be held all the time. I have no problem with her wanting to spend time with her grand-daughter but you need to do more with her then just let her sleep in your arms all the time. When she came over for Nora's baptism today she thought that she should be held the whole time by her and only her...hello MIL there is more people here to see Nora then just you!! I went to the bedroom to feed her while everyone sat around the table to eat lunch and when I came out MIL was still eating but thought that she should stop eating just so she could hold Nora.

I just get so irritated around her sometimes that I can't help but get crabby and not like the way I am acting but she is so dense she just doesn't get the point that she is not my mother and I don't need her to do things for me. MIL, I am an adult who is totally capable of taking care of things myself and have been able to for many, many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment