Sunday, February 28, 2010

My ever changing life

I feel like I have had a pretty busy week...

I can't believe that only 2 short months ago I welcomed my little princess into this world. Life has changed so much that I don't even remember what it was like before Nora was born nor do I want to go back. There is still a few things we are trying to figure out but all in all we have gotten eachother figured out. Nora will sleep at least 6 hrs most nights and has been doing this the last 2 wks. She has had one night a week where she still wakes up every 3 hours or so but that is to be expected yet. She is starting to like her swing more and more and has a lot of fun talking to her stuffed animals.

Nora had her 2 month check-up on the 25th. She weighed in at 10 lbs 10 oz and was 23 1/4 inches. My baby is not so little anymore. She did really well with her vaccinations and didn't have any reactions with them.

I went back to watching my cousin's son this week. I would've been back sooner but did some relief work for a veterinary clinic 6 wks after having Nora. He did so good with her and sometimes I found myself thinking it wouldn't be to hard to add another child to our family. I understand that watching him for 8 hrs out of the day is nothing compared to having one of your own but I am handling it that well that I can't wait to someday have another baby.

My dad's boss and his wife went on a short trip this week so they needed someone to feed calves for them. My sister feeds them in the morning and I feed them in the evenings. It was more difficult this time because there was a couple of new calves that didn't really have the sucking thing down yet but they got it figured out by the end of the week. I don't mind feeding the calves but I know Niles doesn't like to do it. Niles is not a farm kid at all and him hanging out on the farm is not really something he likes to do when he gets home from work in the evening. Chores definately go a lot faster with Niles' help though and will only take an hour or so. Niles left with my dad on Friday to go ice fishing so I had to feed the calves by myself Friday and Saturday and alone it took me an hour and a half.

I am glad I was finally able to find a job. Honestly I didn't even apply for this job. A friend of mine, Katie, who is the manager at the gas station in town knew I needed a job and they needed someone to work for them Friday, Saturday and Sundays from 5-3. This is great cause I won't have to pay for daycare cause my mom will watch Nora during the day on Fridays (and some Saturdays and Sundays if Niles really needs to do something!!) Niles was being a little selfish when I told him the other day about the job offer. Since I will be gone every weekend I think he is afraid that he will not be able to do all of the activities he wants to do. I can understand but he has to realize that Nora is his daughter too and that doesn't mean he can't still hang out with his friends it just means that he will have to take her with. I will be done with work by 3 everyday so its not like the day is a total bust for him. I am glad that I will still be able to watch my cousin's son on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday every week cause I didn't want to find a different job and leave them high and dry. I get to take Nora with me to their house and their little man likes to interact with her and is a total blast to play with.

I have been having some wrist pain since the last part of my pregnancy. It first started with my right hand and the eventually went away. Well about the last month of my pregnancy I started getting a lot of swelling and numbness in my left hand. Since I have had Nora the swelling and numbness has went away but I was left with this lump on the inner side of my wrist. It felt almost like a lump right on my radius. I went into to see the Dr on Friday and had some x-rays. Well there is no boney issues so he said that it was a ganglion cyst located by the tendon. He tried to drain it but the cyst is still there. I guess next comes the consult with general surgery so that they can remove the cyst...GREAT!! I would just deal with it but my wrist is in so much pain when I wake up that I can hardly move it let alone try to rotate it...have you ever tried to change a diaper or care for a baby without rotating your wrist??

Not much will be going on this next week. I will be starting my new job on Friday and Niles' birthday is on Sunday so hopefully I can have that day off being they don't really need me to start until the 12th. I think I am going to call this week and make an appointment with general surgery for a consult to see what the Dr has to say. All in all life will be more normal this week...hopefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment